Graphic Designer Job Description
Full Job Description
GalaxyLabs.io is a progressive venture studio under the galaxygives.com umbrella - part of Mike Novogratz’s Family Office. We create for-profit and non-profit companies that take big swings at system problems across the US. In 2020 we’ve raised over $100m or democratic infrastructure (to defeat Trump and win the senate races in GA!) and criminal justice reform. Because of the startup nature of our initiatives you would play a key role in helping translate company concepts into reality.
Some of our projects:
GalaxyLabs.io is seeking a talented Graphic Designer contractor who has a passion for style guides, branding, ads, and quick execution of a variety of design styles. We are a lean team that operates multiple products with different missions. It is important for someone to be able to easily transition between products with multiple stakeholders. Given the ever changing the news cycle, someone would need to be able to confidently deliver high quality work reliably and quickly.
- Dedicated, on-demand design support for up to 40 hours per week. Some projects will be rush (needing immediate attention) and some projects will be required outside of normal business hours and/or over the weekend.
- Designer is expected to promptly respond to requests, including during non-standard office hours, and communicate any concerns or needs in a timely fashion.
- Galaxy Labs will pay the Design Contractor a predetermined monthly rate
WHAT YOU BRING
- Passion and commitment to creativity and activism: criminal justice reform and democracy
- Understanding of design fundamentals, grid systems, typography, and other design principles.
- Experience with creating and formatting data and dynamic designs into visually appealing layouts and multimedia products.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the importance of adhering to brand guidelines.
- Strong communication skills
- An eye for detail and the ability to follow directions and execute on feedback.
- Creative and persistent “can-do” attitude
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and Sketch
THESE SKILLS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with animation/motion graphics
- Knowledge of User Experience design
- Report to Chief Product Officer and Creative Director
- Design and execute digital materials, emails, landing pages, digital ads, social graphics, infographics, Google Slide presentations, and other digital engagement materials
- Participate in ideation, concept development, and research
- Basic photography color correction, processing, & post-production
- Assist the C-suite team in miscellaneous production tasks (sourcing imagery and footage, image resizing, presentation design)
- Create strong, innovative designs, while adhering to brand guidelines and incorporating best-in-class design principles
- Work efficiently, meeting deadlines and deliverable
- Be curious!
The Designer/Contractor will begin ASAP for a one month term. Extension possible after initial agreement is fulfilled.As an Independent Contractor Graphic Designer, you will not be an employee, but contractor on retainer.Pay: $40.00 per hour
*The hourly rate is negotiable.*
**Submit a link to your portfolio and a short description of why you'd be a good fit to - firstname.lastname@example.org**